Dartmoor serves a richly diverse population who:
- Need to remediate specific skills
- Need to remediate credits or replace courses
- Need an alternative, individualized academic setting
- Need a flexible schedule
While no two student programs are exactly the same, there are three general categories:
- Supplemental enrollment
- Dual enrollment
- Full-time enrollment
Each category represents an increasingly personalized education profile.
- Supplemental coursework supports a student’s success within another private or public school setting.
- Dual enrollment allows a student to take problematic courses one-to-one at Dartmoor, while taking other core or elective classes at the “home” school. Many students participate in their “home” school’s extracurricular programs.
- Full-time enrollment allows for a truly personalized program and accommodates students with more intricate academic or scheduling needs.
Dartmoor School is open 8:30 am to 8:30 pm, Monday-Thursday, year-round.
Classes begin on the half an hour and students may attend Monday and Wednesday, Tuesday and Thursday, or Monday through Thursday.
Click here for an academic calendar.
A family may request admission for a student at any time during the calendar year. The process consists of initial contact with Admissions followed by an enrollment meeting with the Campus Manager at the requested campus. In most instances, the Campus Manager will determine the appropriateness of Dartmoor’s services for a given student based on anecdotal information from the meeting and any documentation shared by the family. For student’s with more complex needs, admissions remains at the discretion of the Head of School.
For an overview of a student enrollment, please click here.