A System of Schools
Dartmoor believes students benefit from access to a system of schools, and Dartmoor views itself as a special purpose school providing an alternative setting within this system. Dartmoor enjoys collaborating with local, national, and international schools in the education of its students. To discuss a potential enrollment, please contact Admissions at (425) 885-6296 or [email protected].
Please note: to discuss a specific student’s enrollment Dartmoor will need a signed release on file from the family. The release can be faxed to (425) 885-1137.
Many of Dartmoor’s students dual enroll and therefore clear and open communication between the schools is imperative. With the family’s permission, Dartmoor contacts the other school and discusses the student’s academic history and enrollment. Collaborative services include:
- Sharing academic records and pertinent history
- Discussing and verifying course selection
- Corresponding (as needed)
- Sending progress and exit reports (if requested by family)
- Suggesting instructional strategies, accommodations, and modifications
- Making recommendations for further study
- Furnishing a transcript for credit courses
Dartmoor is a Non-Public Agency and contracts with districts to provide educational services to students via its Institute for Specialized Instruction (ISI).
Dartmoor can support a student’s success in another school by providing credit or supplemental coursework. Student services include:
- Offering student support, study skills, test preparation, or skill development
- Providing credit remediation or grade replacement
- Offering ESL coursework (supplemental or credit)
- Providing transitional services for transferring students
- Preparing students for specific grades or classes during Summer Session
- Coordinating high school completion (based on Dartmoor’s or the home school’s requirements)
Founded by Doris J. Bower in 1990, Dartmoor is an accredited, year-round, open enrollment school offering one-to-one instruction for grades 1-12 on four campuses: Bellevue, Bothell, Issaquah, and Seattle. In addition to serving private families, Dartmoor is a Non-Public Agency (NPA), supporting local public schools to provide educational services for district-placed students.
Dartmoor School offers:
- Respect for all learners
- Instruction at the student’s level and pace
- Personalized, modifiable academic programs
- A wide palette of instructional methodologies
- Accommodations and modifications
- Credit and supplemental courses
- Course remediation and replacement
- Open, year-round enrollment
- Diploma and college prep graduation tracks
- Flexible scheduling
Dartmoor serves a richly diverse population who:
- Need to remediate specific skills (e.g., chemistry, math, or reading comprehension)
- Need to remediate credits or replace courses
- Need an alternative, individualized academic setting because of ADHD, Asperger’s, High Functioning Autism, depression, anxiety, significant learning differences, intellectual giftedness, ODD, OCD, behavioral issues, medical conditions, etc.
- Need a flexible schedule because of intensive extracurricular activity (athletes and performers)
- Dual enrollment
- Supplemental (student support)