Pizzazz, ingenuity, and compassion required.
Dartmoor School provides an optimal personalized education for its students via active one-on-one instruction individualized to their instructional levels, learning styles, and the pace of their academic and intellectual progress. Instruction is offered in a welcoming, safe, respectful, and nurturing environment.
- All students can learn
- Instruction should take place at a student’s instructional level
- Instruction should accommodate a student’s learning style
- Students should feel safe and respected
- Staff should encourage students to be responsible
- Staff should teach students to think globally and champion diversity
- Staff should demonstrate sincere concern for students
- Staff should nurture every student’s self-concept and potential
- Staff should always model and foster ethical behavior
Dartmoor seeks candidates dedicated to the individualized education of a diverse learning population. Staff should combine expertise, spontaneity, flexibility, humor, and patience with a commitment to the realization of their students’ success and the school’s mission.
Seeking a 1-on-1 instructor for high school-level English, Math, Science and Humanities. We do not require WA State Certification, but we do require at least a 4-year college degree and teaching experience. All curriculum and lesson plans are provided, no outside work to do on your part. Hours are part-time, Monday through Thursday. Please e-mail resume and cover letter stating specific content areas of expertise to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seeking a 1-on-1 instructor for high school-level Math & Science. We do not require WA State Certification, but we do require at least a 4-year college degree and teaching experience. All curriculum and lesson plans are provided, no outside work to do on your part. Hours are part-time, Monday through Thursday. Position to start in November. Please e-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We are looking for a teacher with experience and training working with students with special needs to join our team and work in a positive environment where curricular decisions for individual students are based on student assessment data.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- • Experience working with students who have unique and often highly complex profiles including ADHD, learning disabilities, ASD, behavioral and emotional issues, and giftedness.
• Strong familiarity with a variety of teaching approaches and strategies as well as the ability to differentiate instruction in a one-to-one setting to meet the learning needs of each student.
• The ability to perform and track educational interventions as well as follow through with prescribed interventions.
• Teacher certification with special education endorsement and familiarity with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) strongly preferred but not required.Subject areas are Math/Science and/or English/History. This position is part-time with potential for full-time.We do not require WA State Certification, but we do require at least a 4-year college degree and teaching experience. All curriculum and lesson plans are provided, no outside work to do on your part. Please e-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants should e-mail a resume and letter of interest to the indicated address. Starting salary range is $16 – $18 per hour, dependent upon experience. Dartmoor School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note: Dartmoor will only process applications responding to current openings.